It is the intent of the 19th Judicial Circuit to provide reasonable accommodations when requested by qualified persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who needs an accommodation to participate in a court proceeding or access to a court facility, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance.
- Accommodation Request Form | PDF | WORD
- Grievance Procedure
- Grievance Form | PDF | WORD
- Notice Rules 2.540
- General Information
- Chrome Browser Live Captioning
250 NW Country Club Drive, Suite 217
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986
711, if you are deaf or hard of hearing
Florida Rules of Judicial Administration Rule 2.540 Notices to Persons With Disabilities
If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact Court Administration, 250 NW Country Club Drive, Suite 217, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986, (772) 807-4370 at least 7 days before your scheduled court appearance, or immediately upon receiving this notification if the time before the scheduled appearance is less than 7 days; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 711.
SPANISH: Si usted es una persona discapacitada que necesita algún tipo de adecuación para poder participar de este procedimiento, usted tiene derecho a que se le ayude hasta cierto punto y sin costo alguno. Por favor comuníquese con Court Administration, 250 NW Country Club Drive, Suite 217, Port St. Lucie, Fl. 34986, (772) 807-4370, al menos 7 días antes de su fecha de comparecencia o inmediatamente después de haber recibido esta notificación si faltan menos de 7 días para su cita en el tribunal. Si tiene discapacidad auditiva o de habla, llame al 711.
KREYOL: Si ou se yon moun ki andikape epi ou bezwen nenpòt akomodasyon pou ou ka patisipe nan pwosè sa-a, ou gen dwa, san ou pa gen pou-ou peye anyen, pou yo ba-ou yon seri de asistans. Tanpri kontakte Court Administration, 250 NW Country Club Drive, Suite 217, Port St. Lucie FL 34986, (772) 807-4370 omwen 7 jou alavans jou ou gen pou-ou parèt nan tribunal-la, ouswa imedyatman kote ou resevwa notifikasyon-an si ke li mwens ke 7 jou; si ou soud ouswa bèbè, rele 711.
How much notice must I give the ADA Coordinator to schedule accommodations for my visit to the Courthouse?
Some accommodations, such as sign language interpreters and real-time reporting, require additional time to schedule. Rule 2.540, Florida Rules of Judicial Administration requires that you contact the ADA Coordinator at least seven days prior to your court appearance or visit to the courthouse, or immediately upon receiving notification if the time before the scheduled court appearance is less than 7 days. Please be prepared to explain the nature of your disability and suggest an auxiliary aid or service that will enable you to effectively participate in the court program or service.
What services can the Court’s ADA Coordinator obtain for persons with disabilities who need to access a court service or program?
- Witness and juror accommodations for persons in wheelchairs
- Assistive listening devices
- Sign language interpreters
- Oral interpreters
- Providing materials in large print, Braille, diskette, or audio tapes
- Reader services
- Real-time transcription services (under special conditions)
What services is the Court not required to provide under the ADA?
- Transportation to and from the courthouse
- Legal counsel or advice
- Personal devices such as wheelchairs
- Personal services such as medical or attendant care
- A modification of a service, policy or an auxiliary aid that would result in a fundamental alteration in the nature of the program or service, or would result in an undue burden.
To request a sign language interpreter or ADA Accommodation
- Visit us at our website and fill out the request form HERE
- Or call Court Administration (772) 807-4370.
- A Nursing Room is available in the Martin County Courthouse. The implementation of a Nursing Room was formed to provide resources that new mothers need to achieve work/life balance.
- The Nursing Room is located on the third floor of the courthouse, directly across from the elevator.
- Access will be permitted to employees, attorneys, and members of the general public through the use of specially created access cards. Visitors may check in with the Clerk’s office for access to the room.