Ph: (772) 462-8856
Ph: (772) 462-8856
213 Courthouse Addition.
218 South Second St.
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
JA: Susanne Butler
Honorable Judge Gary L. Sweet
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A. in Journalism, with honors, 1973)
- Nova University (J.D., magna cum laude, 1978); Associate Editor, 1976-1977 and Editor-in-Chief, 1977-1978, Nova University Law Journal.
- Circuit Court Judge - January 1, 2005 - present
- Civil Commercial Litigation, including Business Disputes, Contracts, Construction, Lien and Mortgage Foreclosures, Collections; Employment Disputes; Non-Compete Litigation; Civil Mediation; Arbitrations. Current practice includes trials in all levels of Florida State Courts and Federal District Court. Additionally, experienced in appellate matters in Florida State Courts. Qualifications include extensive experience as mediator in commercial disputes.
- Law Clerk to Honorable Norman C. Roettger, Jr., U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1978-1980 Trial Bar, U.S. District, Southern District of Florida
- Martin County Bar Association: former Chairman Professionalism Committee, Mediator and Host for Professionalism Seminar
- The Florida Bar
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Certified Circuit Court Civil Mediator
- Member 19th Judicial Circuit Bar Grievance Committee 1994-1997, Chairman 1997.
- Federal District Court Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admission, Peer Review and Attorney Grievance, Southern District of Florida
- Federal Magistrate Merit Selection Panel for Selection of Part-time and Full-time Magistrate for Fort Pierce Division, 2002, 1993, 1992
- Education Foundation of Martin County, Board of Directors 1994-1997, Chairman 1998, Treasurer 1999 Treasure Coast Builders Association, former chairman, Education Committee, Lecturer at Construction Lien Enforcement Seminars
- Deaf Service Center of the Treasure Coast, Board of Directors 1990-1993, Chairman, 1994
- Junior Achievement, regular lecturer at high school Economics Classes
- Martin County Literacy Council, volunteer tutor
- Martin County High School Baseball Booster Club, former President
- Martin County Fair Association