Magistrate Julie Oldehoff


Magistrate Oldehoff handles dependency, Truancy, Baker Acts and post-judgment domestic relations cases only.



  • B.A., College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
  • J.D., University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Additional Information

Telephone contact:

During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Magistrate’s Assistant will be taking and returning calls Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.  If you have an emergency during other business hours, please contact the Magistrate’s Assistant via email marked “urgent.”


Fax Number 772-462-1837 only with approval from Magistrate’s Assistant.

To obtain a hearing/trial date with the Magistrate:

All matters must first have an order of referral to the magistrate from the judge.

If your motion or supplemental petition does not already have a referral, you may obtain one by filing a Motion requesting an order of referral.

Once an order of referral has been entered, if neither party is represented by an attorney, please complete a Form A Inquiry Inquiry online.

If one or both parties are represented by an attorney, please email the Magistrate’s Assistant at Your email will need to have the following information: your name; the name of the party you are representing; your case number; the title of the motion or supplemental petition you are trying to schedule, as well as the date on which it was filed; an estimate of the time required for the hearing and dates of unavailability. YOU MUST COPY ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO THE OTHER SIDE OR THEIR ATTORNEY.

The Magistrate’s Assistant will provide you and the other side with three (3) available dates and times. You must contact the opposing party/attorney and mutually select one of the available dates and times within 48 hours. You should advise the Magistrate’s Assistant of your selection and she will prepare a Notice of Hearing. If you do not respond within 48 hours, one of the dates and times will be selected for you.

To attend a hearing by phone:

It is permissible to attend some hearings telephonically. Please check with the Magistrate’s Assistant to determine whether this is available for your hearing. If the hearing can be attended telephonically, please use the Court Call Form.

To cancel a hearing:

If you want to cancel a hearing on your motion or petition, contact the Magistrate’s Assistant at If you want to cancel a hearing on the opposing party’s motion or petition, contact them first to determine whether they will agree to the cancellation. Each party must then contact the Magistrate’s Assistant at to advise if they agree to the cancellation.

If you schedule a case for special set hearings and the hearing is canceled, a notice of cancellation must be filed and copies must be sent to all parties. Including the Magistrate’s Assistant at

To provide a proposed order:

All proposed orders must be in Word format and submitted to with copies to the opposing parties.

To obtain a recording of your proceedings:

All hearings before the Magistrate are recorded and a copy of the recording may be obtained on a CD from Court Recording. Audio Request

Interpreter Information:

If you are need of translation services, please bring a Certified Interpreter to the court hearing if you unable to translate the English language.

In addition, all Attorney’s must do their own Notice of Hearing. Unless the other party is Pro Se. Then the Magistrate’s Assistant will provide and e-file the Notice of Hearing to all parties.