The Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Panel was established in 2013 to address professionalism complaints against attorneys within this circuit by administrative order.
The purpose of the Professionalism Panel is to:
- Review complaints.
- Meet with attorneys who may have conducted themselves in a manner inconsistent with the Standards of Professionalism.
- Counsel attorneys on how to avoid similar inconsistent conduct in the future.
The Professionalism Panel is independent of the Florida Bar and the judiciary.
- Complete the complaint form.
- Email the completed complaint form and up to ten (10) pages of exhibits to the Chair, who will acknowledge receipt via email.
- The Executive Board will proceed with the review process detailed in the Administrative Order.
- When the Executive Board arrives at a decision on your complaint, you will be notified via email.
The Professionalism Panel is composed entirely of attorneys who are volunteering their time, so we appreciate your patience with this process.
Any person may file a professionalism complaint against a member of The Florida Bar through the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Panel.
The Executive Board of the Professionalism Panel has five members appointed by the Chief Judge:
Nicolas Apfelbaum (Chair, term ending September 30, 2021)
Lillian Ewen (Vice-Chair, term ending September 30, 2021)
Buck Vocelle (term ending September 30, 2021)
Jeffrey Batista (term ending September 30, 2021)
Nita Denton (term ending September 30, 2022)